Professional Land Surveyor
LT Leon Associates is a growing civil engineering firm located in Des Moines, Iowa. We were established in 2009, with a focus on water resources and sustainability. We provide engineering, planning, and conservation services to multiple market sectors and project areas throughout Iowa and the Midwest. At LT Leon we are engineering an improved standard of living.
LT Leon Associates is currently seeking to hire a full time Professional Land Surveyor to join our team of engineers and technical specialists. Projects may include: roads/highways, streetscapes, municipal infrastructure improvements, drainage improvements, stream restoration, site planning, etc. The successful candidate will contribute to the continued growth and success of the business.
Are you a motivated professional land surveyor who is looking to be rewarded for the excellent service you provide to clients on a daily basis? Are you results oriented and have an entrepreneurial spirit? If so, apply today!
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Survey land or bodies of water to measure and/or determine features.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Calculate geographic positions from survey data, property lines and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps records, and documents related to surveys.
- Develop and maintain relationship with clients.
- Lead and supervise the preparation of proposals, estimate project costs, scheduling, and invoicing.
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering personnel and other key stakeholders.
- Assist, train, and supervise survey staff as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus 5 years of professional experience as a land surveyor.
- Must be licensed in the State of Iowa or have the ability to be licensed within 6 months.
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant computer skills preferred – AutoCAD Civil3D, MicroStation/GEOPAK, ArcGIS
- Experience preparing engineering plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- A competitive salary and benefits package is offered. Compensation is based on the applicant’s experience and qualifications.
- A fun and casual, but professional, office environment.
- Vehicle provided for work use.
- New state of the art GPS including robotic total station.
LT Leon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.