Professional Civil Engineer / Project Manager
LT Leon Associates is a growing civil engineering firm located in Des Moines, Iowa. We were established in 2009, with a focus on water resources and sustainability. We provide engineering, planning, and conservation services to multiple market sectors and project areas throughout Iowa and the Midwest. At LT Leon we are engineering an improved standard of living.
LT Leon Associates is currently seeking to hire a full time Civil Engineer/ Project Manager to join our team of engineers and technical specialists. Projects may include: roads/highways, streetscapes, municipal infrastructure improvements, drainage improvements, stream restoration, site planning, etc. The successful candidate will contribute to the continued growth and success of the business.
This position requires candidates to demonstrate excellent project leadership, clear communication skills, strong collaboration and coordination abilities, and experience in effectively managing engineering projects.
Applicants must be self-motivated, be able to manage multiple projects, and have the ability to prioritize projects based on deadlines and importance.
Are you motivated and able to manage multiple projects? If so, apply today.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Engineering planning and design
• Coordination and meeting attendance with project sponsors and design engineers to discuss details of the project.
• Project management responsibilities
• Construction administration responsibilities
• Technical report writing
• Preparing documentation, reports, and proposals
• Marketing and client communication
• Management and mentoring of staff members
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university is required.
• Applicants must possess an Iowa professional engineering license or be able to obtain one within 6 months of hire date.
• 5+ years of professional experience in the civil engineering field.
• Effectively communicate with staff, clients, and regulatory agencies.
• Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
• Relevant computer skills preferred – AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Microstation/Geopak, ArcGIS.
• Experience preparing engineering plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
• Experience with construction administration and oversight is preferred.
• Knowledge of local, state, and federal permitting processes and requirements.
• A competitive salary and benefits package is offered. Compensation is based on the applicant’s experience and qualifications.
• A fun and casual, but professional, office environment.
LT Leon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.