LT Leon Associates is a growing civil engineering firm located in Des Moines, Iowa. We were established in 2009, with a focus on water resources and sustainability. We provide engineering, planning, and conservation services to multiple market sectors and project areas throughout Iowa and the Midwest. At LT Leon we are engineering an improved standard of living.
LT Leon Associates is currently seeking to hire a full time Civil Engineer-in-Training to join our team of engineers and technical specialists. Projects may include: storm water management and drainage improvements, stream restoration, mine reclamation, roads/highways, municipal infrastructure, site planning, etc. The successful candidate will contribute to the continued growth and success of the business.
The position requires candidates to demonstrate clear communication skills and strong collaboration and coordination abilities.
Applicants must be self-motivated and be able to manage multiple projects. Are you motivated to make a difference and learn on the job? If so, apply today.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Provide assistance with assessment, reports, studies, and plan production.
• Provide construction oversight assistance.
• Preparation of technical specifications and calculations for projects.
• Prepare hydrologic and hydraulic studies, modeling, analysis, and floodplain mapping.
• Assist with permitting needs and process.
• Other tasks as needed.
• Engineer-In-Training license or ability to obtain in 6 months.
• A bachelor degree in Civil Engineering is required.
• Effectively communicate with staff, clients, and regulatory agencies.
• Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Relevant computer skills preferred – AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Microstation/Geopak, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM, GIS.
• Experience preparing engineering plans, specifications, and cost estimates is preferred.
• Experience with construction administration and oversight is preferred.
• Knowledge of local, state, and federal permitting processes and requirements is preferred.
• A competitive salary and benefits package is offered. Compensation is based on the applicant’s experience and qualifications.
• A fun and casual, but professional, office environment.
LT Leon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.