civil engineer summer intern
LT Leon Associates is a growing civil engineering firm located in Des Moines, Iowa. We were established in 2009, with a focus on water resources and sustainability. We provide engineering, planning, and conservation services to multiple market sectors and project areas throughout Iowa and the Midwest. At LT Leon we are engineering an improved standard of living.
LT Leon Associates is currently seeking to hire a Civil Engineer Summer Intern to join our team of engineers and technical specialists. Projects may include: roads/highways, streetscapes, municipal infrastructure improvements, drainage improvements, stream restoration, site planning, etc. The successful candidate will contribute to the continued growth and success of the business.
The position requires candidates to demonstrate clear communication skills and strong collaboration and coordination abilities.
Are you motivated to learn and acquire hands-on experience? If so, apply today.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare plans, specifications, submittals, and technical reports
- ACAD drafting
- Attend project meetings
- Perform construction site observation
- Prepare project documentation including daily reports and other construction records
- Enrolled in a Civil / Construction engineering program
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Effectively communicate with staff, clients, and regulatory agencies
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Computer skills, specifically Microsoft Work and Excel
- Ability to walk and work in various terrains and weather conditions and/or stand for a long duration
- Must have valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Hands-on learning opportunities
- A fun and casual, but professional, office environment.
LT Leon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.